The world is full of competition, and that’s no different when it comes to the legal landscape and how people select a law firm to represent them. Establishing a good reputation in your community goes a long way, as well as establishing a credible and interesting website to attract new clients while keeping your existing clientele.
Listed below are five ways you could easily lose your online clients and advice on how to up your internet curb appeal.
- List good contact information. Don’t appear vague. List your phone number or preferred method of contact frequently on the site. You may prefer people to email you, but the average person still likes to see there is a phone number to actually talk to someone at your firm.
- Even if you don’t like social media, use it! You may personally not be a Facebook or Twitter fan, but most of the world is. Using social media to attract clients is essential in this day in age. You don’t necessarily have to “sell” yourself or your firm on social media, but rather simply strengthen your brand name and establish yourself as an expert in your community and industry.
- Don’t be dull. Your website should be engaging and provide informative articles that potential clients find stimulating and thought provoking.
- Create fresh content. Always report the latest information and appear to be ahead in the legal world. You must provide fresh content on a regular basis to maintain the interest of potential clients.
- Toot your horn in a good way! No one likes a bragger, but it is vital to make certain that potential clients know the successes you have had with past clients. Be positive and let them know that you will fight just as hard for them.